Just after I got all excited about finding just the right fabric for making up a new bag I found these flowers. A lady in our village sells plants, fruit and flowers with an honesty jar for payment. On the way home with the Buns from school I picked up bunch after bunch - cornflowers, yellow things, sweet williams, sweet peas and daisy type things.
In the usual way of doing a million trillion things at once I only had time to plonk them all in a jar. Masses of little bugs flew all about the kitchen - yuk.
Now the flowers are scattered around the place in jam jars and vases scenting and cheering up the rooms.
When I finally got to sew up my bag today I realised how much this fabric is like my collection of summer blooms.
I only had enough to cover the front, make a strap and use a small piece for the back. The rest has been patched with some old red spot from Cath.
I only bought a metre of this red spot and so far it's covered a pouffe, lined tons of stuff and I even managed to find enough to make the bathroom blind. Such good thrifty fabric.
I'm thrilled with my new bag. Off to road test it now with a spot of after school shopping.